I want a do-over! To do it all over again at Disneyland, with more rain, more fun and more Screamin’ good times. Seriously. If I could soak it all up once again, I’d be there in a second—rainboots on and mascara running. We didn’t melt. We rode through the storm, umbrellas up and ponchos in place.
If you’re like us, and you hit the Park on a day El Nino visits, just soak it up—and soar through shorter lines.
Here’s a quick Flipagram look at the fun to get you in the mood—all set of course to the music of … well, just take a listen.
So while most think it never rains in Southern California—it does. Just be prepared, and you’ll be good to go. Rain boots, rain coats, umbrellas. Then get to the puddle-jumping and let the kids be kids.
The magic at Disneyland doesn’t stop when the rain starts. I saw Disney worker Yanette snapping this sweet shot of my little guy, Fox. What a moment. She even asked to use my iPhone to take this photo, so I’d have a copy. (I added drops, as they were just starting to fall.) Let’s face it, kids love the rain, and kids love Disney. What better combination for a full day of fun?
Debbie’s Rainy Day Disneyland Tips:
- Enjoy the moment. Easy as that.
- Be rain-gear ready. We brought the goods and kept all in lockers till the drops started falling. You can also find ponchos and more in the Park gift stores.
- When the clouds are brewing, start throwing the coats on. My kids didn’t believe the rain was coming when we got on Screamin,’ and sure enough it started as we got wonderfully pelted on the ride, so the kids got soaked. I personally had my Park poncho on (Moms do know best).
- If rain is not your thing, enjoy indoor fun at Star Wars Launch Bay or Hyperspace Mountain in Tomorrowland. Or take a taxi through Monstropolis at Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! at Disney California Adventure park. Shows also include The Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland. At Disney California Adventure park, you can catch up with Mickey Mouse and friends in “Disney Junior – Live on Stage!”
- Know that sun is bound to come out in a very short while. We arrived in full sun, it rained a few hours, then the sun came back out. You usually get the best of both worlds at Disneyland when it rains, as well as the luxury of short lines (did I mention that yet, oh, yes I did!).
- Find more Rainy Day Disney Tips on the Disney Parks Blog.
Have fun this El Nino season, rain—or shine. I know we did!
(Disclosure: To experience rainy days at Disneyland, we received tickets to the park. All opinions are of course my own.)
Also on YouTube too, bit longer look at the rainy fun:Screaming’ in the rain—woohoo!