No way! Great tip because the kids always carve pumpkins at school, I’ll suggest they get 11 for 1!
Posted by Britta on 10/08 at 09:44 AM
Get your money’s worth. Get your arms open wide.
It’s all you can carry at Armstrong Gardens—all for the price of one pumpkin. We’re die hard fans, as it makes for hilarity, as well as high-impact, low-cost decor to fabulously line your walkway (note: this is as crafty as I get).
The offer runs all month at all locations, and I’ve never known a single soul who’s ever heard of this deal, so consider this insider gardener “compost.”
Some 411 on tips and tricks below (or just watch the video and see us in action this year):
• Bring a partner to pile it on. (A great skill of mine, so I’m the always the Loader.)
• Skip the chic attire, this is a down and dirty job.
• Go for quantity, not quality (aka avoid the big, super-heavy orange guys).
• Get a cart. Get a worker to watch it go down.
• Start from the waist up, arms open wide. Line ‘em up stem down, so they create a table effect.
• Think pyramid shape. And start piling.
• After you pile ‘em high, stash ‘em wherever you can think.
How many can you score? This year our record is ..., well watch the video.
Now, don’t sue me if you throw out your back, as these puppies are heavy.
Go, have fun and take your props as the “The Pumpkin House” when you come home and line ‘em up. The kids love the attention it brings to their homeshack, as well as telling stories of their SuperDad or Mom. And you can carve the orange friends up and light them a few days before the big night (if ya got the time, okay maybe skip that last part).
Life needs a little more levity, don’t you think?
Psst, know a family that needs a pick me up? You could surprise ‘em with an armful of pumpkins. So unexpected, and sure to bring a smile. You could even do it anonymously if ya wanted.
So here’s how our Pumpkin Faceoff went down last year in 2009 (By the way, we got 9 again in 2010; it’s the current OC record around town this year). Can you tell Ray was a Marine, always has a plan & a mission?
June 07, 2010Summer Ease
March 01, 2010Roses are green?
November 20, 2009Sweet Treat Tip, Bittersweet Backstory